How To Make Your Website Fail
Here are some tried and proven methods to have a website fail to bring you business, make sales, or do anything to help your survival:
- Doing nothing—this never works.
- Putting up a cheap or free website. (Such as a WIX site.)
- Flash-based websites. Google can't read them. Your browser can't display them.
- Cheap or free hosting. (You get what you pay for.)
- Too many images in a website, and not having enough text. Google doesn't do a good job reading images yet. Give them time.
- Spam. If you send out spam directing people to your website, you deserve whatever fines and jail time you might get.
- Putting up an Affiliate Website. These very rarely work and Google will bury them in the search results.
- Pumping out bad press releases. Generally, people hate reading press releases and they do your website no good.
- Putting up a blog... and then never updating it.
- Never updating your website. A website that's never updated will sink to the bottom of Google's search results.
- Completely ignore social media—don't use Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, or Youtube.
- Offering to write articles for other people's websites.